tidal curves tutorial: learn - test - check
2) Insert Low Water Height - Marked as A
3) Insert High Water Height - Marked as B
4) Join a straight line between LW and HW
5) Insert Low Water Time - Marked as C (don’t forget to add an hour for BST if relevant)
6) Springs or Neaps?
7) Mark a line from the time we want to know height of tide, up to either the Spring or Neap line on the curve - Marked as 1
8) Draw a line from our curve to where it intersects the HW/LW line - Marked as 2
9) Draw a line to the top or bottom scale - Marked as 3
10) This will then show you height of tide at the time you chose
Now its your turn to have a go ! Download the Tidal Curve Quiz to see how much you've learnt ?
See if you got it right... download the answer