How do I get a MCA RYA powerboat commercial endorsement?


Fancy being a commercial powerboat / RIB skipper? - here are the routes / courses you need to complete in order to gain the MCA/RYA Commercial qualification!  


I ask because the requirements for each of these is different.. Details on gain commerical endorsements can be seen on the RYA website at: https://www.rya.org.uk/courses-training/professional-qualifications/commercial-endorsements/Pages/commercial-endorsements.aspx


In order to make the package of training as cost and time effective as possible we would recommend you completes some of the courses online as this means both less time but also less cost to achieve the same goal, I have therefore included links to the online courses where relevant below: 



  • RYA Powerboat Level 2 Certificate - See Here
  • RYA VHF/SRC Marine Radio Online Course (4 - 8hrs) - See Here
  • RYA First Aid (1 day)- See Here
  • RYA Sea Survival (1 day)- See Here
  • RYA PPR Online Course (3 - 8hrs) - See Here
  • ML5 Medical - See Here




In order for you to run a commercial RIB up to 10m in day light and darkness he needs to complete the RYA/MCA Advanced CoC Exam. 


The courses required to lead into this are: 

  • RYA Advanced Powerboat Course Certificate (2 days + 1 evening) - See Here
  • RYA Yachtmaster Theory Course (approx 5 days) - See Here
  • RYA VHF/SRC Marine Radio Online Course (4 - 8hrs) - See Here
  • RYA First Aid (1 day) - See Here
  • RYA Sea Survival (1 day) - See Here
  • RYA PPR Online Course (3 - 8hrs) - See Here
  • ML5 Medical - See Here

Contact us:


Tel: +44 (0) 1202 406066

Our Location:

Powerboat & Jetski Courses: Port of Poole Marina

Follow us on Facebook:

RYA Training Centre

Marine Education

'The Superyacht Jetski Specialists'

Superyacht PWC

Superyacht Marine Store

Marine Store EU